What you may need to know:
1. Denzel Washington takes on the Russian Mafia in this reboot of Edward Woodward’s sexagenarian vigilante from the 1980s.
2. The font size in Denz’s copy of “The Old Man and the Sea” @0:02 must be only massive. Could be double spaced though.
5. Other 80s TV shows ripe with reboot potential include Jake and the Fatman with Aaron Eckhart and Gerard Depardieu, Mr. Merlin with Martin Sheen and Justin Bieber, or BJ and the Bear with Zac Efron. Andy Serkis would do the monkey in mo-cap, obvs.
6. If any of the above projects materialise in the next five to ten years, I’d like a producer’s credit.
7. Broadsheet Prognosis: We’re quite Taken with this.
Release Date: November 26 (Ireland)
(DelBoy is away. Mark writes on culture and whatnot for WhyBother.ie