What you may need to know:
1. Grab it while it’s hot. Director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy have just introduced the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens at the “Celebration” über convention in California. Old schoolers Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew and Anthony Daniels were joined by newcomers Oscar Isaac, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley.
2. Watch, rewatch and watch it again. This has everything the first trailer didn’t – The music… that voiceover… and Han and Chewie on the friggin’ Falcon!!!
3. In leather. Sure, why not?
4. Still no sign of intergalactic senates, trade federations or embargoes. Good… gooood.
5. It looks like a lot of the plot and concept art leaks are on the money. My advice? don’t go digging.
6. Full disclosure: I just had a full on nerdgasm.
7. Broadsheet Prognosis: I have a very good feeling about this.
Release Date: December 18.
(Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)