Outside Superdry, Suffolk Street, Dublin 2 this morning
A 51-year-old man sleeping rough outside Superdry on Suffolk Street, Dublin 1, was found dead early this morning.
The man’s name has not yet been released.
The Irish Sun reports:
CEO of Inner City Helping Homeless, Anthony Flynn, said more needs to be done to help get rough sleepers off the streets.
He said: “This was a tragic but preventable accident. Dublin’s rough sleeper crisis is out of control with our outreach teams last week reporting the highest ever number of rough sleepers on one night.”
“The individual slept on Suffolk Street whilst 44 beds lay empty in Wolfe Tone Quay last night.”
“Immediate emergency measures must are required now to tackle the rough sleeper crisis. I’m calling on the Minister to immediately open empty beds, this is not the first and will not be the last death on our streets.”
— Mick Caul (@caulmick) August 31, 2017
Previously: Look After Your Friends
Pic: Sunday World