1. Remember the creepy doll from The Conjuring (2013)? Well SHE GOT HER OWN MOVIE.
2. Note to expectant fathers: if you’re going to buy your heavily pregnant partner a gift, don’t get her a FREAKY LOOKING DEMON DOLL.
3. Best YouTube comment # 1: ‘OMG, I just had the biggest scare. Almost immediately after finishing this trailer, there was a loud series of knocks at the door (I’m upstairs) which were soon followed by the sound of the screen door being moved (based on how it’s designed there’s no point in moving it unless you’re trying to enter). I grabbed my bat and waited for minutes expecting someone to be busting in. Finally, I ventured downstairs and found the items my neighbor had borrowed from me placed in between the screen door and regular door. Like holy shit, I get so easily paranoid when I’m tense.’
4. Best YouTube comment # 2: ‘This looks dumb as shit, but it will still rope in the suckers.’
1. 24 hours in the life of Nick Cave. It’s a documentary. Except it’s not.
2. @’25 – WINSTONE! YOU SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG!
3. Nick’s had a good run with movie screenplays of late, what with The Proposition (2005) and Lawless (2012). Have a gander HERE at the bonkers script he wrote, at Russell Crowe’s behest, for Gladiator 2.
4. @1’36 – KYLIE!
5. Remember the time Nick starred in a movie with Brad Pitt?
What you may need to know:
1. First came Russell Crowe as Noah (2014)… Now Christian Bale is Moses!
2. It’s directed by Ridley Scott. That used to mean something, kids.
3. That’s Aussie actor Joel Edgerton as Egyptian pharoah Rhamses. Seriously.
4. Look! It’s Egyptian Sigourney Weaver!
5. It co-stars John ‘Nobody fucks with the Jesus’ Turturro, ideally channelling his role from The Big Lebowski (1998).
6. It also stars Aaron ‘Jessie Pinkman’ Paul - presumably absent from the trailer to avoid further hilarity, following Egyptian Sigourney Weaver – and Ben Kingsley. Inevitably.
7. Ridley’s planning a King David movie next. GET FASSBENDER!