1. It’s a new documentary from filmmakers Treasa O’Brien (left) and Mary Jane O’Leary, fusing (and we quote) ‘observational footage, street voxpop, archive material and metaphorical visual essay language mixed with on-the-road verite’. We do love a bit of verite.
2. O’Brien and O’Leary emigrated, then returned, and set about trying to make sense as to why we (and again we quote) ‘have an apathy, or even an antipathy, towards protest’. Have they been to Tallaght recently?
1. It’s a new sitcom created by and starring Will Forte. LOVE Will Forte.
2. The first two epiodess have just aired in the US, to a rapturous response.
3. The first two episodes were directed by Phil Lord & Chris Miller, who did The LEGO Movie (2014) and 21 (& 22) Jump Street. They know comedy.
4. Forte insists that the sequel to MacGruber (2010) is still going to happen.
5. Our favourite Forte character from SNL? It’s gotta be Hamilton.
6. That said, we do love his occasional Tim & Eric bit.
1. Remember the creepy doll from The Conjuring (2013)? Well SHE GOT HER OWN MOVIE.
2. Note to expectant fathers: if you’re going to buy your heavily pregnant partner a gift, don’t get her a FREAKY LOOKING DEMON DOLL.
3. Best YouTube comment # 1: ‘OMG, I just had the biggest scare. Almost immediately after finishing this trailer, there was a loud series of knocks at the door (I’m upstairs) which were soon followed by the sound of the screen door being moved (based on how it’s designed there’s no point in moving it unless you’re trying to enter). I grabbed my bat and waited for minutes expecting someone to be busting in. Finally, I ventured downstairs and found the items my neighbor had borrowed from me placed in between the screen door and regular door. Like holy shit, I get so easily paranoid when I’m tense.’
4. Best YouTube comment # 2: ‘This looks dumb as shit, but it will still rope in the suckers.’