1. After failing to save Dame Judi of Dench at the end of Skyfall (2012) and blowing up his house in the process, James Bond (Daniel Craig) finds himself in need of a new gaff and a new ‘M’.
2. Like Casino Royale (2006) and Quantum of Solace (2008), the storyline of Spectre will carry through to Bond number 25. Craig is signed up for at least one more Bond movie, but beyond that all bets are off.
1. Post-apocalypse horror-drama from first-time director Henry Hobson. The American Midwest is affected by an outbreak of a disease that turns the infected into cannibalistic zombies. When Maggie (Abigail Breslin) is infected, her father (Arnold Schwarzenegger) tries to protect her.
5. With John Woo’s M:I-2 (2000) arguably the only duff entry, the Mission: Impossible franchise is in rude health. Incidentally, reshoots for M:I 2 cost Dougray Scott the part of Wolverine in Bryan Singer’s X-Men (2000).
1. A scientifically-curious teen (Britt Robertson) and a genius inventor (George Clooney) embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory.
3. You could argue that believing that the World’s problems are a result of an evil space lord called Xenu dumping a bunch of frozen aliens into volcanoes 75 million years ago is no more arbitrary than denying the existence of dinosaurs or believing that St. Patrick drove the snakes from Ireland.
1. Living waxwork John Travolta comes out (GOOD FOR YOU, JOHN!!!) of prison (oh…) early to spend time with his ailing son (Tye Sheridan), but is forced into pulling off a heist with his father (Christopher Plummer) to pay back the crime syndicate that arranged his release.
2. “You missed a spot.” John got a free Gillette ProGlide Styler with his 12 month subscription to Scientologist Monthly. He seems to be working his way through the lookbook.
3. Travolta was all over this year’s Oscars – from creeping on Scarlett Johansson to manhandling Adele Dazeem’s face like it was a joint of meat.
4. Is Travolta turning into the Welsh bloke off The Voice, or is the Welsh bloke off The Voice turning into Travolta? Plastic surgery, kids. Not even once. Christopher Plummer is 85 and even he looks better in this than John Boy.