Reserve not to exceed 50k.
The property comprises a detached castle arranged over ground, first and second floors. It is believed to have been built in 1417 by Sir John Talbot, Viceroy of Ireland, to protect the bridge over the River Barrow. Built into the wall on either side of the original entrance doorway are two sculptured slabs which state that the castle was previously owned by the Earl of Kildare signified by the coat of arms to the right of the entrance doorway. The property is a protected structure.