Patrick Lehane writes:
Just in case you know someone looking for a new seating idea for the living room.
House Clearance (Done Deal)
As everyone knows, there is nothing wrong with The Wizard Of Oz.
It is perfect in every way.
That said, Cinema Sins (their motto ”No movie is without sin’) has a contractual obligation to apply the standard pedantry filters.
Darren Cleary, at Cineworld on Parnell St in Dublin, writes:
“Who said the cinema make all their money on the popcorn? €16.60 for one ticket!”
We’ll pretend we’re students…
Some Like It Hot (1959) starring Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe.
On the big screen, in the open air in Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin.
Hosted by Open Air Cinema, a non-profit group putting on “low to no impact, leave no trace events” around the city.
If late, don’t worry.
Open Air Cinema (Facebook)
A supercut of some of cinema’s finest steadicam sequences by Larry Wright of Refocused Media.
Complete shot list here.
Nice promo for the Light House Cinema’s Bite House mini horror film fest this weekend.
Light House Cinema
Based on a Reddit discussion on film conspiracy theories, Fro Design Company came up with a series of posters for The Shining, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and My Neighbor Totoro.
Kubrick faked the moon landing, Ferris doesn’t exist and Totoro is the god of death.
What you may need to know
1. What Richard Did is the third film directed by Lenny Abrahamson, after Adam & Paul (2004) and Garage (2007).
2. It’s loosely adapted from Kevin Power‘s novel Bad Day In Blackrock.
3. It’s going to generate a lot of hand-wringing about Who We Are.
4. At 1’04 – spot Lars Mikkelsen, from TV’s The Killing and Borgen.
5. Next up for Abrahamson is Frank (2013), with Michael Fassbender & Domhnall Gleeson.
Release Date (Ireland): October 5