Eleven and a half minutes of lyrical big-ups in reply to older, grittier supercuts like Harry Hanrahan’s
100 Greatest Movie Threats Of All Time (2011) by HuffPo’s Oliver Noble.
An all-new speedrun classic from
Star Wars, The Matrix and Back To The Future
Sunday Times journalist David Walsh, top, has revealed the rights of his book Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit Of Lance Armstrong have been acquired by a movie production company.
Fellow Irishman Paul Kimmage’s documentary on the same subject is currently being filmed.
Slieverue journalist’s pursuit of Armstrong set for silver screen (Munster Express)
Pic: Oxford Literary Festival
Previously: Paul Kimmage’s Tour De Force
A deftly edited supercut by
Zack Prewitt of a time-houred movie trope where the viewer observes the majesty of a scene from behind a character’s back.
God Moving Over the Face of the Waters by Moby
(Hat tip: Riuari Carroll)
Another speedrun film classic from
1A4 Studio, what sez:
Put machines, dreams, Neo, dystopia, and more machines into a blender and chug it really fast – that’s the taste of this condensed version of the
1999 hit movie.
Back To The Future In 60 Seconds
What you may need to know:
1. Pedro Almodóvar began his filmmaking career as the Spanish John Waters ( Pink Flamingos John Waters, as opposed to ‘I am crying, writing this’ John Waters) before maturing into an Oscar winning serious filmmaker.
2. Now it’s all come full circle.
3. Unlike nearly every other European filmmaker since the dawn of time, Almodóvar has resisted the temptation to do an American movie. Smart move.
4. Random Banderas alert @ 1’20.
5. Even more random Cruz spotting @ 1’22.
6. Broadsheet Prognosis: Camper than a fortnight at Butlins.
Release Date: May 3
A fiesty supercut by
Jonathan Keogh who, while admitting that not all of these films come from the top 250 on IMDb, sez (in admirably geeky style):
If Peter Weyland wanted David to learn about cinema while the crew of Prometheus was still in hyper sleep, he’d probably have him go down the IMDB Top 250.
(Hat tip: Barry McKenna)