Fellow Irishman Paul Kimmage’s documentary on the same subject is currently being filmed.
Previously: Paul Kimmage’s Tour De Force
What you may need to know:
1. Pedro Almodóvar began his filmmaking career as the Spanish John Waters (Pink Flamingos John Waters, as opposed to ‘I am crying, writing this’ John Waters) before maturing into an Oscar winning serious filmmaker.
2. Now it’s all come full circle.
3. Unlike nearly every other European filmmaker since the dawn of time, Almodóvar has resisted the temptation to do an American movie. Smart move.
4. Random Banderas alert @ 1’20.
5. Even more random Cruz spotting @ 1’22.
6. Broadsheet Prognosis: Camper than a fortnight at Butlins.
Release Date: May 3
A fiesty supercut by Jonathan Keogh who, while admitting that not all of these films come from the top 250 on IMDb, sez (in admirably geeky style):
If Peter Weyland wanted David to learn about cinema while the crew of Prometheus was still in hyper sleep, he’d probably have him go down the IMDB Top 250.
(Hat tip: Barry McKenna)