Ronan McCormack writes;
To get into the Christmas Spirit, we at HeyStaks (a Dublin startup based in UCD), have created a “Guess the Christmas Movie” game using word clouds made from the dialogue of different Christmas films. Thanks, and Merry Christmas.
AND free popcorn!
There must be a catch.
Thanks Rob Smith
Dublin was rubbish.
But the movies were great.
The capital’s most disreputable midnight movie club Hollywood Babylon have a new season of movies at the Light House Cinema this summer and autumn – all from 1984, illustrated in a trailer here, by Alan Dunne.
Beverly Hills Cop – Saturday September, May 18
Purple Rain – Saturday, June 15
Revenge of the Nerds – Saturday, July 13
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom – Saturday,
August 17 September 14
Dune – Saturday,
September 14 August 17
Terminator + Streets of Fire (Double Bill) – Saturday, October 19
No favours, movies, or pints were given for this post.
A street map made up of over 900 film titles.
The Map, which is loosely based on the style of a vintage Los Angeles street map has its own Hollywood Boulevard and includes districts dedicated to Hitchcock and Cult British Horror movies. Like most cities it also has its own Red Light area. There’s an A-Z key at the base of the Map listing all the films featured with their release dates and names of the directors.
Yours for £25 from Dorothy.
Thanks Spaghetti Hoop
What you may need to know:
1. This martial arts spectacular is co-written, directed by and stars Wu-Tang Clan legend The RZA.
2. The film is ‘presented’ by Quentin Tarantino. Naturally.
3. RZA previously starred alongside Russell Crowe in American Gangster (2007). Rusty looks like he’s having fun here.
4.Best tagline of 2012: ‘They put the F-U in king fu’.
5. Plus: Possibly the best eye-popping scene since Evil Dead 2.
Release date (Ireland): Unconfirmed
What you may need to know.
2. Matthew Fox plays the psychotic bad guy. He’s been working out. And going full method – allegedly.
4. Yes, the tagline reads ‘Don’t Ever Cross Alex Cross’
5. We can’t quite believe this is a real movie.
6. Funniest trailer of 2012.
Release date: Unconfirmed (probably November)