01. Psychedelia/shoegazing, genre-upsetting noises as Gaeilge from Donegal, you say? These might be your lads.
02.Tuath are a collective of musicians that revolves around singer Robert Mulhern and saxophonist Ashley Mobasser, formed in July 2014, and slowly garnering adoring looks across the media room from the likes of Louderthanwar and An Taobh Tuathail.
03. Streaming in its entirety above is the band’s debut EP, Existence is Futile, released this past June, via Bandcamp.
04. The band has just been confirmed for Hard Working Class Heroes festival in Dublin, running from October 6th-8th. For more on the line-up and venues, click here.
Verdict: An odyssey of sound and texture that feels at once fresh and challenging, while peppered with just enough points of reference throughout to reward a broad palette.
01. It’s been a long road for the folk-informed alt-rockers formerly known as Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters.
02. Over three-hundred shows, two full-lengths and a rash of singles and E.P.s, the lads have traipsed across Europe and America, completing the Irish festival-grind checklist in the process, including Castlepalooza, Knockanstockan, and Indiependence, among many others.
03. Streaming above is the video for most recent-single Hit It Off, a slower-moving number indicative of their rock ‘n’ roll leanings, with a promo featuring a Munster fan having a terrible evening altogether (possibly NSFW). It’s taken from their next E.P., Black Light Vignette.
The rather wonderful work of self-taught French sculptor Romain Langlois, who adds surfaces and elongated strands of glittering bronze to sections of split rock, creating fantastical representations of their ‘inner energy’.