What you MAY need to know:
1. The trailer is five minutes plus. And it’s mental.
2. Cloud Atlas is based on the novel by David Mitchell. No, not the
Peep Show dude.
3. It’s co-directed by The Wachowskis, who did The Matrix trilogy, and
Tom Tykwer, who did Run Lola Run (1998).
4. The movie stars Tom Hanks, Halle Berry and Hugh Grant in multiple
roles. That’s right, Hugh Grant is required to display range.
5. Reclusive Wachowski brother Larry has had a sex change and is now
Lana Wachowski. Yes, seriously.
6. You can’t fault the ambition. Bonus points for the random Irish
thug and – especially – ghetto Tom Hanks at 00’46.
Release date (Ireland): Early 2013