What you may need to know:
1.To paraphrase Ron Burgundy – this is kind of a big deal.
2. No sign of Han, Luke or Leia (or our Domhnall for that matter) but there’s just enough here to whet our collective appetite.
4. Why do they keep messing with the lightsabres? They must be like iPhones. Goddamn Apple.
5. Okay, so we had a collective nerdgasm over the first trailer for The Phantom Menace in 1998 too, and everyone knows how that panned out. If that wacky droid has more than 3 seconds of screen time, it might be an issue.
6. “If George Lucas calls, I’m not in.” The main reason to be optimistic about this is that Lucas is not involved.
7. Feel free to add lens flare comments below.
8. Broadsheet Prognosis: Hell, yeah.
Release Date: December 18, 2015.