Further to the ever-rising motor insurance costs…
Ireland Underground writes:
Come [out tomorrow] and support us. We need every car, every van, every person possible to show the government and the insurance corporations that they answer to us. The power is with the people, they know this, we need to recognise this too.
…Meet us in Dublin at midday. We will drive through the city from midday and from 13.30 we will have on-stage entertainment followed by guest speakers in Merrion Square.
…Here is a brief outline of what we’d like to see happen:
- Establish a task force (similar to the motor Insurance Advisory Board previously in place)
- Tackle the claims culture more aggressively.
- Reduce compensation payouts.
- More transparent pricing structures of all insurance companies
- More transparency on out-of-court settlements
- Insurance purchased within any EU member state to be valid in Ireland
Previously: ‘There Is A Cartel Of Insurance Underwriters’