Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary
Announcing the latest cancellations today the airline’s chief executive, Michael O’Leary, apologised to customers for the second time this month but said the changes were “sensible”.
“We sincerely apologise to those customers who have been affected by last week’s flight cancellations, or these sensible schedule changes announced today,” he said.
“From today, there will be no more rostering-related flight cancellations this winter or in summer 2018.
Slower growth this winter will create lots of spare aircraft and crews which will allow us to manage the exceptional volumes of annual leave we committed to delivering in the nine months to Dec 2017.
We will start a new 12-month leave period on 1 January 2018 in full compliance with EU regulations and the IAA’s requirements.”
“In order to focus on repairing this rostering problem this winter, Ryanair will eliminate all management distractions starting with its interest in Alitalia,” the company said.
1 week ago : #Ryanair Michael O’Leary – there will be no further cancellations
Today : #Ryanair 400,000 more bookings cancelled
— Paul Sommerville (@PaulSommerville) September 27, 2017