1. Bought something last week online for $99 from America (€87)
2. DHL delivers and asks for €48.48 duty payment. I say it’s more than 50% of the actual item cost.
3. DHL delivery guy says I can ring and query the charge at Dublin 8448317
4. Got through to a call centre guy who hadn’t a clue what I was asking. Told me to ring Dublin 8448220 (Import Team)
5. Rang Import Team… no one available today! Leave a message and we’ll call you tomorrow.
6. Tried to leave a message but their Voicemail didn’t work!
7. Is this a Trump Trade Barrier ?