Minister for Health Simon Harris
Correspondence obtained by RTÉ News has revealed that a private secretary to the Minister for Health wrote on 6 June to the woman whose case exposed the latest CervicalCheck crisis.
The letter to ‘Sharon’ says that: “The Minister for Health, Simon Harris, T. D. has asked me to thank you for your correspondence concerning CervicalCheck and would like to again apologise for any distress this delay has caused you and reassure you that this is a priority for his Department and the Health Service Executive (HSE).”
Last weekend, the department said that it became aware of the existence of an IT issue on 25 June through information supplied by the Health Service Executive.
Minister Harris has said the matter was first escalated to him last Wednesday evening, 10 July.
Previously: ‘I’m Still Kind Of Flabbergasted’