Online news and social media monitoring company Olytico tweetz:
69,814 tweets, from 14,434 accounts and a potential audience of over 13m. Olytico analysed how Ireland talked about the general election during the first week of campaigning (14th-20th Jan 2020). Here’s what we found.
25% of content during week 1 was original (17,644 tweets), the remaining 75% of content was retweets. #GE2020 is the most popular hashtag (39,513 tweets), followed by #GE20 (9,762) and #GeneralElection2020 (1,219).
Fine Gael were the most talked about political party (8,697 tweets), followed by Fianna Fail (5,749), Sinn Fein (3,036), Labour (2,042) and Green Party (2,005).
Leo Varadkar was the most talked about party leader (4,318 tweets), followed by Michael Martin (748), Mary Lou McDonald (692), Eamon Ryan (378), and Brendan Howlin (222).
Homelessness was the most mentioned non-political term (4,451), followed by Housing (2,783), Health (2,186), and Climate (1,551).
Week 2 data will be released on Tuesday January 28th. Questions or suggestions? Reply or drop us a DM.