Anti-mask mandate protest in Dublin last Friday
Via RTÉ News:
The Department of Education has revised a controversial instruction issued to schools last week, which directed that older children should be refused entry to primary schools if they decline to wear a mask without medical reason.
In fresh guidance sent this morning, the department has told schools that “it is not intended that any child will be excluded from a school in the first instance“.
There was outcry last week after primary schools were directed in a memo sent late on Tuesday to refuse entry to older pupils who presented without masks.
Schools were initially told the instruction applied from Wednesday morning. However later the department clarified that “flexibility” would be allowed during the first couple of days.
That’ll learn them