Michael Caine (left) and Noël Coward (right) in The Italian Job filmed in Kilmainham Gaol.
Ireland is ranked number 17 in the list of most filmed locations in the world, according to Go Compare. with 2,527 movies and TV shows filmed here.
But what parts of the country are the most filmed?
As part of our research into the most-filmed locations on Earth, we discovered the most-filmed locations in Ireland…
1. Kilmainham Gaol (The Italian Job, The Escapist, The Whistle Blower)
2. Dublin Castle (Northanger Abbey, Barry Lyndon, Penny Dreadful)
3. Kilruddery House (P.S. I Love You, The Tudors, Angela’s Ashes)
4. Henrietta Street (Ripper Street, Foyle’s War)
5. The Sally Gap (The League of Gentlemen’s Apocalypse, Laws of Attraction, The Honeymooners)
6. Dublin Airport (Educating Rita, Love Rosie, Flight of the Doves)
7. St. Stephen’s Green (Michael Collins, Scarlett, The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne)
8. Trinity College (Meet the Ancestors, Byzantium, Educating Rita)
9. Powerscourt Estate (Excalibur, Love Rosie, The Count of Monte Cristo)
10. Charleville Forest Castle (Becoming Jane, Northanger Abbey, Most Haunted)