What you may need to know:
1. Acclaimed Asian director Park Chan-wook did the classic Oldboy (2003), soon due an ill-advised remake from Spike Lee. Now Park is making his belated US film-making debut.
2. Nicole Kidman’s been associated with more turkeys over the past than Bernard Matthews; now she appears to be going through her Joan Crawford phase.
4. Name that face, Part Two: Wasikowska’s creepy uncle with the excellent eyebrows is Matthew Goode, from Watchmen (2009). Tom Cruise would have been a better choice.
5. The movie was written by Wentworth Miller, star of choice TV guilty pleasure Prison Break.
6. Forecast: promising, with the likeliness of scenery chewing.
Release Date: March 2013