What you may need to know:
1. This whole financial crash malarkey was spotted by a few shrewd financiers who in turn made a killing off it. Ahem David McWilliams.
2. From the book of the same name by investment banker turned author, Michael Lewis.
3. Doesn’t it look like a trailer for a heist movie?
4. The book was a bestseller but it’s hard to see if there will be enough dramatisation to keep a film going. For a great film about the crash check out Margin Call (2011).
5. Brad Pitt got an Oscar nod for starring in another of Lewis’ tomes, Moneyball (2011). Lewis also wrote The Blind Side (2009) which earned Sandra Bullock a gong. Will Lewis have the Midas touch again? Steve Carrell, Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling and Melissa Leo all hope so.
7. Broadsheet Prognosis: A kick in the money balls.
Release Date: December 11, 2015