What you may need to know:
1. In December 1970, Elvis Presley (Michael Shannon) engineered a meeting with Richard Nixon (Kevin Spacey) to discuss The Beatles and those goddamned hippies.
2. Co-written by The Princess Bride’s Man in Black (Cary Elwes).
3. Another presidential role for Spacey.
4. Bruce Campbell would’ve done a 2-for-1 deal on both parts.
5. Pffft… I want to see ELVISZILLA VS. NIXODON!!! Two mechagiant monstrosities battling in the skies over Washington.
6. Broadsheet prognosis: Thangyuverrymuch.
Release Date: June 24.
(Mark writes about film and TV at WhyBother.ie)
how’d you do that, it’s fixed now!
Be hard pressed to find anyone who looks LESS like Elvis, looks good all the same
First Superman vs Batman, now this. Hollywood has run out of ideas.
One of the most overhyped happenings in recent history
Who honestly cares?
Looks bizarre. but it really did happen.
I want to see this. I love mad films.
that is one FUGLY Evlis
And the one thing he wasn’t at that stage was fugly – he was stunningly gorgeous in ’68
Muatassim Gaddafi and Beyonce
Now THAT would be a film
And one I would definitely watch!
Yikes – seriously over-acted King there. Still, it tickles, so I’ll be watching it.
Needs more Bubba Ho-Tep
+1975 Skip this and do Bubba Ho-Tep. Elvis and Kennedy is a much better combo
Yeah! Why isn’t Bruce Campbell in this?
Don’t think Spacey is a good choice for the role.
Seeing him in that role inevitably forces us to think of Underwood. Underwood & Nixon have some similarities but are actually very different characters.
Tony Hopkins or GTFO!