All quiet outside Poolbeg Incinerator after incident which saw 11 people hospitalised pic.twitter.com/FuFDgvpWSj
— Sean Defoe (@SeanDefoe) June 8, 2017
Sarah Burns, in The Irish Times, reports:
Eleven people were taken to hospital after a small amount of lime was accidentally released inside the flue gas treatment area at the Poolbeg Incinerator in Dublin on Wednesday night.
“Late on Wednesday night a small amount of lime was inadvertently released inside the flue gas treatment area during the commissioning and testing of the Dublin Waste to Energy plant at Ringsend,” said a spokesman for Dublin Waste to Energy Ltd.
“At the time there were a number of workers in an adjacent area. As a precaution, eleven workers were sent to St Vincent’s Hospital nearby for medical evaluation. Two were detained overnight.”