Samsung has launched an investigation into its coveted Galaxy S3 smartphone after images emerged online showing a device that had over-heated and exploded in a user’s car.
Posting on the forum Boards.ie yesterday, a member under the name ‘dillo2k10′ claimed the malfunction happened when the S3 was sitting untouched in his car’s phone holster. While he was driving, he said, “a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone. I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone.”