What you may need to know:
1. The minions get their own movie! Three must embark on a long journey to find their minion race a new evil master. A hungry one, a nervous one and a brave one.
2. Lord of the Rings (2001) in dungarees.
3. Minions stole the show in the Despicable Me (2010) and Despicable Me 2 (2013) films earning themselves this spin-off. Despicable Me 2 alone took in $841 million. The original gathered a mere $543 million.
4. “without a master they had no purpose…If this went on much longer they would surely perish” Kant couldn’t have said it better himself.
5. Illumination Entertainment are running the show for Universal. The Illumination credo is “strict cost controls and hit animated films are not mutually exclusive“.
7. Broadsheet Prognosis: Yellow with excitement.
Release Date: Summer 2015
Delboy is at The Web Summit without a dongle. Dillon is Tom Dillon, a farmer and our social media shepherd.