What you may need to know:
1. After failing to save Dame Judi of Dench at the end of Skyfall (2012) and blowing up his house in the process, James Bond (Daniel Craig) finds himself in need of a new gaff and a new ‘M’.
2. Like Casino Royale (2006) and Quantum of Solace (2008), the storyline of Spectre will carry through to Bond number 25. Craig is signed up for at least one more Bond movie, but beyond that all bets are off.
3. @1:08 “Excuse me… I’m a WHAT? Oh, a kite. I’m sorry, I thought you called me a… never mind.”
4. Before Sam Mendes agreed to return, the producers’ wish list of potential directors included Ang Lee, Danny Boyle and Christopher Nolan (which kind of makes sense if you think about it).
6. Broadsheet Prognosis: No laser watches or invisible cars. Thankfully.
Release Date: October 23
(Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)