What you may need to know:
1. Whitey Bulger (Johnny Depp), South Boston’s most infamous criminal turns FBI informant. Biopic directed by Scott Cooper.
2. Worst. Masterchef. Ever.
3. Contact lenses? Very Fields of the Nephilim circa 1990. Someone’s been to Asha.
4. “Funny like I’m a clown? I amuse you?” If Joe Pesci wasn’t retired, he could have pulled this off in his sleep.
5. Looks like a step up from Mortdecai (2015). Mind you, what isn’t?
6. Broadsheet Prognosis: Whatever. I’m still processing that Star Wars Trailer.
Release Date: September 25.
(Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)