What you may need to know:
1. Just a quick reminder that this actually exists.
2. The story of FIFA was screened at Cannes 2014, but a year later is still without a release date.
3. FIFA bankrolled this to the tune of £16m. That would have funded the GOAL project (supporting football in developing countries) for a year.
5. That’s the equivalent of Anglo funding a movie where Seánie Fitzpatrick volunteers at a homeless shelter and gives all his money away to the poor.
6. Between this and Grace of Monaco (2014) was a bad year for Roth. And credible accents.
7. “You need the money. We need the world championship.” It probably seemed like a good idea at the time.
8. Broadsheet Prognosis: Seppy played Qatar.
Release Date: Don’t hold your breath.
(Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)