What you may need to know:
1. Paul McGuigan, the director of Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss’ Sherlock gives Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein” the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes treatment. Got it? Good.
2. Starring James McAvoy’s wig, Daniel Radliffe’s wiggier wig, and Andrew Scott (no wig).
3. If you will insist on naming your kid Igor, don’t be surprised when he grows up to be a mad scientist’s evil henchman.
4. The US trailer far more jokey and uneven. Screenwriter Max Landis has promised that this UK version is closer to what we’ll see in December. Hmm…
5. Seems like a good excuse for a bit of Black Books.
6. Broadsheet prognosis: “IT’S ALIVE!”
Release Date: December 4.
(Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)