Taking part in the BT Young Scientist Exhibition at the RDS, Ballsbridge, Dublin, were:
1. Patrick Whelan, 16, of Ard Scoil Na Trionoide, Athy, Kildare. Project? ‘To Investigate the Best Conditions for Sucklers to Thrive’.
2. Daniel Duffy,13, Rathmore Grammer School, Antrim. ‘Investigating the Exothermic Nature of Worms in Varying Temperature of Soil’.
3. Deirdre Harford 17, Loreto Balbriggan, Dublin. ‘A Search for Genes Associated with Drought Resistance in Potatoes’
4. Aisling Shalvey, 17, Mercy Secondary School, Tralee, Kerry. Project unknown.
5. Deirbhila Ni Ghearbhain, Colaiste Chomain, Mayo. ‘Tinfoil for Brains: An Investigation into the Release of Everyday Aluminum Tinfoil on Contact with Food’.