What you may need to know
1. Confession: we never really cared for The Lord Of The Rings trilogy.
2. Confession Part 2: we actually thought The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) was all right, even though it took about two hours to get going.
3. Orlando Bloom’s had some digital work done. Remember when Orlando Bloom was a thing?
4. Hey! It’s Kate from Lost!
5. Sylvester McCoy – the Jar Jar Binks of The Hobbit?
6. Cumberbatch voices the dragon.
7. Peter Jackson really needs to knock the CGI and Green Screen on the head for a bit. That said, his first post Hobbit flick is a bloody Tintin sequel.
8. While we’re at it… What about that Game Of Thrones finale?
Release Date: Christmas
Previously: The Desolation Of Smaug: First Trailer