What you may need to know:
1. Director Tim Burton’s biopic of the artist Margaret Keane (played by Amy Adams). Keane’s paintings of doe-eyed children were hugely popular but her husband, Walter (Christoph Waltz) took sole credit for her work.
2. What’s this? No Johnny Depp? No Helena Bonham Carter? That should keep the Burton naysayers quiet for a while.
3. With a 30-year career based on expressionistic weirdness, how does Burton keep his audience on their toes? He goes full-on normal, that’s how.
4. Burton hasn’t used a non-fictive biographical source since Ed Wood (1994). That was a good one.
5. He seems to have lost his mojo ever since Planet of the Apes (2001). Hopefully Big Eyes will mark a return to form.
6. Broadsheet Prognosis: Weirdly normal.
Release Date: December 26 (UK)
(DelBoy is away. Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)