What you may need to know:
1. Sir Kenneth of Branagh directs a live-action retelling of the Disney animated classic.
2. Lily James wants Prince Charming (Richard Madden) to stand under her Cinderella (ella ella, eh eh eh).
3. Disney continues to strip mine its heritage for all it’s worth. There’s a Cruella de Vil origin movie in the works.
4. There’s a bit of Downton Abbey role reversal going on here, with Lady Rose in the scullery and Daisy (Sophie McShera) upstairs, taking her revenge for having to gut all that pigging fish.
5. Glass slippers might sound all nice and fancy, but in reality would take more breaking in than a pair of Doc’s.
6. Broadsheet Prognosis: Stop me if you think you’ve heard this one before.
Release Date: March 27, 2015.
Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie
They had me at Lily James
I have heard this one before. This is the second time you’ve put up the trailer. Why do you have the horn for this so bad?
That may have been ‘Into The Woods’
Rob Marshall, you’ve don it again you fupping hack.
This looks like the cinematic equivalent of a bush tucker challenge.
I was prepared to plead insanity, but apparently not:
I sometimes wonder why they don’t ever post about films people might actually want to see. Or would that be too obvious? I’m not a film buff so I’m guessing yeah that would be too obvious.
I saw the sequel already. The “Red Wedding”.
I don’t “get” Downtown Abbey. Is it any good? It seems like a shallow twee costume drama , no?
I’ve not seen it either, just reminds me of Upstairs Downstairs with a brownier kind of glamour and incorrect period props, apparently.
The plots are far-fetched, the characters shallow and the acting mediocre. Once you get past that it’s an absolute howl, especially in conjuction with Twitter. I miss it dreadfully.