What you may need to know:
1. Sir Kenneth of Branagh directs a live-action retelling of the Disney animated classic.
3. Disney continues to strip mine its heritage for all it’s worth. There’s a Cruella de Vil origin movie in the works.
4. There’s a bit of Downton Abbey role reversal going on here, with Lady Rose in the scullery and Daisy (Sophie McShera) upstairs, taking her revenge for having to gut all that pigging fish.
5. Glass slippers might sound all nice and fancy, but in reality would take more breaking in than a pair of Doc’s.
6. Broadsheet Prognosis: Stop me if you think you’ve heard this one before.
Release Date: March 27, 2015.
Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie