What you may need to know:
1. Secret agents Napoleon Solo (Henry Cavill) and Illya Kuryakin (Armie Hammer) join forces to stop a mysterious international criminal organization from destabilizing the fragile balance of power and the proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology.
3. Ritchie’s recent good fortune is a massive turnaround from his mid-noughties slump, which included inflicting Revolver (2005) on the world and marrying Madonna.
6. This is Hammer’s first role since Disney’s megaflop, The Lone Ranger in 2013. Incidentally, The Lone Ranger wasn’t a bad movie, but bad press from critics willing it to fail snowballed, and it had the reputation of being a failure long before it was released.
7. In case you’re wondering, U.N.C.L.E. is an acronym for “United Network Command for Law and Enforcement.”
8. Broadsheet Prognosis: De-Bourned Bond.
Release Date: August 14
(Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)