What you may need to know:
1. Where to start? Basically, an unexplained event has caused 2% of the population to disappear and everyone else loses it.
2. New season, new location. Season 2 is set in a town with zero disappearances.
3. Most of season 1’s cast have gone as well, but carryovers include Mr. Jennifer Aniston, Liv Tyler and Christopher Eccleston (making this one of the few series where he hasn’t been killed off in the first couple of episodes).
4. No sign of the Guilty Remnant yet. They’re probably on a stationary run.
5. Unrelentingly bleak and seriously depressing, The Leftovers is a very hard sell. Also, the presence of Lost (2004-10) showrunner Damon Lindelof has left many understandably wary of signing up to another open-ended mystery.
6. Broadsheet prognosis: As grim as a week in Holyhead.
When: Mondays (Sky Atlantic).
(Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)