What you may need to know:
1. C’est le nouveau Tim Burton.
2. Adapted from Ransom Riggs’ best-selling children’s book.
3. Is it too late for Burton to produce something truly original again?
4. Probably… next on the director’s plate is a live action remake of Dumbo.
6. With Batman v Superman out next week, it’s a good opportunity to remember Burton’s ill-fated attempt to put Nicholas Cage into the blue onesie. Check out Jon Schnepp’s utterly bonkers The Death of Superman Lives for the whole story.
Release Date: September 30.
(Mark writes about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)