Squeezing The Tube Admin at 12:03 pm April 6, 2016 Russ Etheridge’s gif homage to his daily commute on the London Tube. quipsologies FacebookTwitterPinterest Related posts: One Day On the Tube
I like it.
If we had less obese lazy people, we could get more people into one carriage, and quicker.
In my experience fat people are the least of our problems. It’s more the idiots who don’t move down the f$%^%£^% c^%&*$^% carriage like doped out zombies or people who have giant f$£%£$% bags that take up too much space.
In my experience, it’s the fact that there’s not enough carriages. Aisle and baggage space are a long forgotten dream.
Can’t have more carriages without ripping up every station. Cross-rail is bad enough at the moment without that happening as well. And there would no money.
Sorry you’re absolutely wrong. There is plenty of space on existing platforms for more carriages, just the choice has been made to run trains shorter than. You obviously don’t use the train often.
Or when you’re jammed up against the door and some ignorant f’r in his best buttons suit, attempts to jam himself in. It’s full ffs
Which trains and platforms are you talking about, Robert?
Yeah, but Im not. So, what happens now?
@Joe – I had someone LEAN ON MY SHOULDER to bend down and pick up his bag yesterday and not a word was said. The lack of manners on some people
Are you peculiarly little?
I am but not peculiarly so. It was very odd.
Ha ha, cool animation. I think the real solution to the crowded trains is to remove all of the seats and instead hang meat hooks from the ceiling. Several bodies will be impaled on the meat hooks while the rest will squeeze in around them. Its a small price to pay to make sure 75% get to work on time. The other 25% can be used for hot dogs or canteen lasagne meat at the end of the day.
This would be too clever and progressive a solution to ever be possible.
That goes on forever and its always the same guys who get on.
reminds me of this:
The new open carriages on the circle line are the way to go, minimal seating and maximum standing room plus ease movement to less crowded areas.
People need to learn how to talk to one another again. People think they’re civilized these days but ignoring your fellow traveller or commuter is plain ignorant.
Everyone wants a seat to themselves and they place a bag beside to deter others from sitting down. That’s just bad manners and anti-social.
Just because 1 in 100 is nut job or smelly is no excuse to isolate yourself from other people just like you.
I deliberately sit next to the ones who try and take up a space with their bag.
And smile when they glare. Even got to the point where I asked to see the bag’s ticket once.