Come On Live Long – soundscapes and breathy vox from Dublin
What you may need to know…
01. Last time we checked in on Dublin four-piece Come on Live Long, they’d just launched single For the Birds with a gig at the Unitarian Church in Dublin.
02. Since then, they’ve been busy preparing their follow-up album to 2013’s Everything Fall, while vocalist Louise Gaffney also contributed to the sublime Glow, on Wicklow math-rockers Enemies‘ final album Valuables.
03. Streaming above is the video for new single Sum of its Parts, with footage taken by the band from the recording process.
01. Luscious, luxuriant electronic-inflected stuff from Dublin four-piece Come On Live Long, in new single For The Birds.
02. Formed in 2011, and having run the gauntlet of Irish festivals as well as releasing a number of EPs and singles, the band’s currently gearing up for their second album Move As One, following on from 2013’s Everything Fall.
03. Over at The Thin Air, the band have been chatsky about the album’s creative and recording processes, which see the band get together in a cottage in Co. Roscommon. They also premiered the vid yesterday, which can also be seen above.
04. The band launches For The Birds Saturday week at Dublin’s Unitarian Church. Tickets available here. Tickets €10, kickoff at 7.30.
Verdict: A tune that’s equally sultry and strident in different places, it sees the band refine its focus on its strong points, and makes the most of them.