From left: Tánaiste, Leo Varadkar; Taoiseach Micheál Martin and Minister for Climate Action, Communication Networks and Transport, Eamon Ryan
Some racket, in fairness.
Fianna Fáil TDs Willie O’Dea, Jim O’Callaghan and Michael McGrath this morning
Páraic Gallagher, of Newstalk, tweetz:
Fianna Fáil’s Jim O’Callaghan says the answers for these Garda scandals have not been given and want answers from Tanaiste… The party says it’ll consider options after hearing from Tanaiste today and Commissioner attends committee on Thursday.
Leaders’ Questions begin at 2pm and can be watched live here
Previously: Clarifying Matters
Evidence Within Reach
Spotted in Oval, London this afternoon.
“The party whip…”
Yesterday Fianna Fáil (yes, yes we know) launched proposals on how to deal with Ireland’s suicide problem.
Among them were:
1) Reform and restructure the National Office for Suicide Prevention.
2) Create a 24hr helpline within the NOSP.
3) Phase out alcohol advertising directed at young people.
4) Increase the number of resource officers for suicide prevention.
5) Create a system whereby GPs review the prescription of anti-depressants monthly until the GP is happy that the medication is the best course of action.
6) Establish out-of-hours emergency social worker teams across Ireland.
7) Reverse the Government’s decision to cut dedicated guidance counsellor hours in secondary schools.
8) Introduce guidance counsellors in primary schools.
9) Increase funding for projects aimed at preventing suicide.
10) Make banks provide professional counselling to lenders in mortgage arrears, business or personal debt.
Read it here
The RDS, Ballsbridge, Dublin, 45 minutes ago.
Well, it was a sign of course but it was also…A SIGN.
The bottle-green, flared boiler suit is BACK!
Averil Power with Michael Martin and Brendan Smith at the Dail literally earlier.
(Sasko Lazarov/Photocall Ireland)