What you may need to know:
1. Home Alone with talking animals.
2. Illumination (Despicable Me 1 & 2) are still searching for a non-Minions-related hit. Remember Hop (2011)? Let’s not.
3. This isn’t out for another 12 months, so a lot of this teaser could be tarted-up test footage. Why so early? Because Pixar’s Inside Out is released today, that’s why.
4. I would quite happily watch this stuff for 90 minutes. But the finished product will probably have an unnecessary aliens/kidnapping/rescue plot.
5. Voice talent includes Louis C.K. (Louie), Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) and Kevin Hart (Everything… That guy is in everything).
6. Broadsheet Prognosis: Doggie Day Afternoon.
Release Date: July 8 2016
(Mark blogs about film, TV and other stuff at WhyBother.ie)