01. Last time we checked in with ELLLL, she’d been putting the finishing touches on her first “proper” collection of songs after years of gigging and composing under the name.
02. Veering from her initial explorations in drone, ambient & noise, and into an atmospheric take on minimal techno, her debut extended player, Romance, finally releases across various formats this winter.
03. Streaming above is the eponymous leadoff tune from the extended player, with a full stream/interview over at the 405.
04. The E.P. releases this week digitally and next month on 12″ vinyl, via Sligo-based label Art for Blind, with the quest apparently on to assemble more tracks for a follow-on E.P.
Verdict: Laden with textures, and built on menacing, foreboding reinterpretations of a multitude of samples, this ought to be something else entirely to hear on wax.
01.Ellen King, aka ELLLL, specialises in a brooding, minimal, dark techno.
02. Emerging quietly from Cork’s noise and sound art scene, ELLLL’s work has taken a beatsier turn in recent years. A founder member of the GASH Collective, a platform for women in Irish electronica, she’s pictured above in the middle of her recent set for Boiler Room in Dublin, having also recently featured at Life and Open Ear festivals.