1 – In the Wee Small Hours by Frank Sinatra
2 – Solo Monk by Thelonious Monk
3 – Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart
4 – Exile On Main Street by the Rolling Stones
5 – The Sinking of the Titanic by Gavin Bryers
6 – The Basement Tapes by Bob Dylan
7 – Lounge Lizards by Lounge Lizards
8 – Rum Sodomy and the Lash by the Pogues
9 – I’m Your Man by Leonard Cohen
10 – The Specialty Sessions by Little Richard
11 – Startime by James Brown
12 – Bohemian-Moravian Bands by Texas-Czech
13 – The Yellow Shark by Frank Zappa
14 – Passion for Opera Aria
15 – Rant in E Minor by Bill Hicks
16 – Prison Songs: Murderous Home Alan Lomax Collection
17 – Cubanos Postizos by Marc Ribot
18 – Houndog by Houndog
19 – Purple Onion by Les Claypool
20 – The Delivery Man by Elvis Costello
Tom Waits’ 20 most cherished albums of all time, a collection of records some he has carried around with him since his early days as a musician’.
G’wan The Pogues.
Tom Waits lists his top 20 favourite albums of all time (FarOut)
The Waits is over!
Bone Machine play the music of Tom Waits at the Grand Social, Lower Liffey Street, Dublin at 8pm
The world of Mr Waits is uniquely presented with a characteristic authority rarely harnessed by mere mortals … Bone Machine are a band of internationally renowned touring and recording musicians that perform a firebrand, melancholic, and punk jazz set of Tom Waits songs.
The band comprises Jack Healy on vocals and social strategy, Martin O’Malley on guitars and sonic sculpting, Jon O’Connell on bass and positive vibes and Adam Shapiro on drums and rhythmic karma….
Bone Machine Play The Music of Tom Waits
Got sent this. Seemingly it was tweeted in the early hours then deleted after a minute or so.Tom Waits. On Saturday. For free?!?!? Anyone?
Next they’ll be saying Chris de Burgh has expired.
Possibly related: Tom Waits Signs With Booking Agency For First Time In 20 Years (Fact)
What you may need to know.
1. It’s been four years since In Bruges (2008). Meaning, it’s been four years since Colin Farrell starred in a good movie.
2. Lest we forget, Martin McDonagh won an Oscar for Best Short Film for Six Shooter (2004). Respect.
3. Seven Psychopaths was meant to co-star Mickey Rourke, who threw a mickey fit over cash. They got Woody Harrelson in instead.
4. Tom Waits.
5. Tom Waits
6. McDonagh did a stage play called A Beheading In Spokane, starring Crazy Chris Walken and Sam The Rock Rockwell, both of whom feature here. We want it on the Abbey stage NOW.
7. The Farreller was in Dublin last night. This one’s for you, Bullseye.
8. Tom Waits
Release Date: October 12 (US)
Conor Clarke writes:
See for yourself (go to the 1:30 minute mark)
Bonus feature: Mentions Dublin (4.34)